If you have avoided getting regular eye examinations, this is the time to call and make an appointment. Approximately 12 million people in the U.S. who are 40 years or older have some form of vision impairment. One million are blind, three million have vision impairment after correction, and eight million have vision issues because of uncorrected refractive errors. In many cases, eye diseases can be treated before sight is impacted. Dr. Urias and his team at Urias Eye Care will perform a thorough eye exam, diagnose any eye issues and provide treatment for eye disorders that minimally or severely impact your vision.
Expert Care You Deserve
Dr. Urias is a licensed optometrist. He is trained in the anatomy, biochemist, and physiology of the eye. He can identify a variety of eye and health-related eye issues including:
- Macular degeneration
- Eye issues due to diabetes
- Eye issues brought on by hypertension
Dr. Urias is dedicated to his practice and continues to study the latest advances in health and eye care, so his patients receive the most cutting-edge treatments and the most thorough eye exams.
Five Reasons to Visit Urias Eye Care
Eye care goes beyond vision correction. Here are some additional statistics from the CDC:
- As of 2012, over four million Americans over 40 suffered from uncorrectable vision impairment. This is, in part, due to the increase of diabetes and other chronic diseases that affect the eyes.
- 6.8% of children younger than 18 years old have some type of vision condition. Of those, almost 3% are blind or visually impaired—even when wearing corrective lenses.
- The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health finds that every day nearly 2,000 workers in the U.S. incur job-related eye injuries that require treatment. It can be alleviated if workers wore the proper eye protection.
- Over 93 million people are at risk for vision loss. Only have of them visited an eye doctor in the past year.
- Vision disability is one of the top 10 disabilities among the population that is 18 years old or older.
Eye Doctor Serving Midland and Odessa
If you are looking for eye care in Midland or Odessa, the optometry professionals at Urais Eyecare are ready to assist you. For more information on our practice or to schedule an appointment with our optometrist, call us at (432) 368-4102.